Saturday, May 21, 2005

Everyone wants to be the boss or so it seems. Certainly everyone thinks they know what the boss should be doing. It is the purview of the boss to make decisions; so make them and stand by them. Come hell or high water, make your decision, stand by it or hang by it if necessary. You can be assured of the cheers or jeers of your actions, but indecision is worse. Waffling and denial demonstrates a lack of integrity intolerable by your superiors and subordinates alike. While I won't pretend to know the subtle nuances and variables which influence the decision making process of my boss, I will admit that its outward appearance lacks obvious logic.

Case in point: Assignments for the 05-06 year follow a subtle logic which escapes me. My colleague and I are being switched. A switch neither of us wished. To what end? I sense that my colleague, while openly denies wanted my current slot, the circumstances of her getting it, has the practical upshot of a two (2) month vacation for her and a six (6) month working stretch for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment