Cheers, Redlands!
Redlands Curfew at Market Night takes Effect
Yeah, Redlands! Do minors really need to be unsupervised? NO! Cheers to the City of Redlands for putting into effect a curfew and enforcing it.
First, let's examine the purpose of a Market Night. I think I can safely say, it's to promote commerce and cash flow to the city. While it may be true, teens spend money, it is also true the real purse strings are held by their parents. I can't see why merchants or patrons would not want to see the teen attendees accompanied by adult supervision. Perhaps, unsupervised teens spend their money more readily when their parents aren't around? Maybe. If a curfew results in lower teen attendance, will Market Night fail? I doubt it. I doubt that the success or failure of Market Night rests on the impulse buying habits of minors, especially the unsupervised.
It looks like we can look forward to a more enjoyable and safer, Market Night this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment