
I've never been a "gearhead" and I've never worked on any car's brakes before - before today, that is. The eRaser desperately needed new pads in the front and fresh lube on the slider pins. A trip to Autozone for pads and brake fluid and an additional set of jack stands and it was off to work. Fronts weren't too bad. It's nice to be able to angle the discs for better access. The rears were a bit more cumbersome. The e-brake cable really made things go rather slowly. After some explitives and scraped knuckles, the bulk of the job was done. A tube, a bottle, and I flushed and bled the system. I don't think it's as good as it would have been with two people, but it works. Apart from having to fight to get the pads to fit, it was an easy job. Is it worth the $100 I saved by doing it myself? Hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment